We often hear the saying “A healthy body, makes a healthy mind,” which gives importance to physical exercise as an essential part of mental and psychological well-being.
We are what we eat. That is an old expression, but one worth knowing. A recent look at diets around the world shows that people who eat healthy food — and not too much of it — live longer.
This also means that for one to achieve a healthy body, he needs to eat healthy foods. There have been lots of studies and researches on what are the best diet in the world.
People hear the word ‘diet’ and tend to think ‘food restriction’, but diet simply refers to an individual pattern of eating. ‘Fad’ diets are eating patterns that promote quick weight loss, cut out certain food groups and sometimes include (expensive) supplements. Their restrictiveness means they often do-produce results, and subsequently become popular in the media. That is, until people realize they are not affordable, enjoyable, or effective for the long term.
You can spot a fad diet by looking at the food groups it does or does not include. Covering all groups means covering all the nutrients your body needs for long-term health. Subsequently, any diet that cuts out one or more core groups leaves you at risk of nutrient deficiencies and health issues down the track.
BEST DIET IN THE WORLD
Time Magazine’s Top 5 Best Diet Plans for 2018
1. DASH Diet – The DASH diet was designed to help people lower their high blood pressure, and it’s characterized by a mix of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and low-fat dairy. People on this diet are told to avoid saturated fat, sugary beverages, sweets, full-fat dairy and some oils—and to eat less salt overall.
2. Mediterranean Diet – The diet gets its name from the eating habits of people living in Mediterranean countries and has been linked to better health and longevity. The Mediterranean Diet meal plan is high in fruits and vegetables, as well as healthy fatty foods like fish, nuts and olive oil.
3. Flexitarian Diet – A blend of the words flexible and vegetarian, the Flexitarian diet encourages people to eat vegetarian most of the time for better health, but doesn’t call for cutting out meat entirely.
4. Weight Watchers – Weight Watchers is an especially popular diet, promoted by celebrities like Oprah Winfrey. It works on a points system, where each food is given a number of points, and people are told a total number to aim for each day. Foods that are high in nutrients and are filling have fewer points overall. Sweets, on the other hand, are high in points.
5. Mind Set – The MIND—a mix of DASH and the Mediterranean diet—is supposed to help protect the brain and prevent Alzheimer’s disease, though much more research is needed to determine whether it really helps curb brain decline. People are encouraged to eat from 10 brain-healthy food groups: green leafy vegetables, all other vegetables, nuts, berries, beans, whole grains, fish, poultry, olive oil and wine. They are also told to avoid foods from five food groups: red meats, butter and stick margarine, cheese, sweets and fried or fast food.
5-A. TLC DIET – Tied for fifth place, the TLC (Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes) diet is meant to help people cut down on high cholesterol. Adherents cut down on fat overall, especially saturated fat. They are also encouraged to eat more fiber.
5-B VOLUMETRICS – People who follow the volumetrics diet—also tied for fifth place—are told to pay attention to the energy density in foods, which is the number of calories in a certain amount of food. Foods that have high energy density will have lots of calories for a little amount of food, whereas low energy density foods have fewer calories for more food.
Mediterranean diet considered “Best Diet”
The Mediterranean diet is based on the traditional foods that people used to eat in countries like Italy and Greece back in the year 1960.
Researchers noted that these people were exceptionally healthy compared to Americans and had a low risk of many killer diseases.
Numerous studies have now shown that the Mediterranean diet can cause weight loss and help prevent heart attacks, strokes,
You don’t just lose pounds — the Mediterranean diet also helps you feel better and live longer.
Reasons why you should go for Mediterranean Diet
1. Lasting weight loss. How can a diet that features nuts, oils, pasta, bread, and wine help you lose weight? Because it makes you feel full and therefore holds hunger at bay. The healthy fats and protein in the Mediterranean diet keep your glucose (blood sugar) level on an even keel, which means you’ll be less apt to hunt down chips, cookies, or fast food to get through the day.
2. A strong, healthy heart. Eating Mediterranean decreases practically every heart-disease risk factor — high blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels. Antioxidants in fruits, vegetables, and beans help prevent the atherosclerosis that can make plaque build up in arteries. Omega-3 fatty acids in fish lower blood pressure, arrhythmia risk, and triglyceride levels. Olive oil lessens LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. And wine and other spirits in moderation may lower heart-disease risk.
3. Diabetes prevention. In a new Annals of Internal Medicine study, 215 type 2 diabetics were asked to follow either a low-fat or a Mediterranean diet. After four years only 44 percent of the Mediterranean group needed diabetes medication — but 70 percent of the low-fat eaters did. The Med dieters also lost more weight. Other research shows that the diet helps people with pre-diabetes lower their blood sugar enough to avoid developing full-blown type 2 diabetes.
4. Better eyesight. The diet could help stave off or prevent macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss after age 54. The condition, which affects more than 10 million Americans, destroys the part of your retina responsible for the clear central vision you need to read, drive, and recognize faces. A recent study linked eating fish and vegetables to a reduced risk of getting it early, and the omega-3 fatty acids in fish can lower the risk of the disease altogether. What’s more, the lutein in green leafy vegetables cuts your chance of cataracts and boosts retinal health, says Dr. Willett.
5. Reduced Alzheimer’s risk. Eating Mediterranean may help cut your chance of Alzheimer’s disease by 40 percent, shows a new study in the Journal of the American Medical Association. And people who added regular exercise to the diet were 60 percent less likely to get Alzheimer’s.
Longer life. A recent meta-analysis in the British Medical Journal found the diet significantly improved health and led to a 9 percent reduction in death from heart disease, cancer, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s. Other studies have found that the diet’s healthy fats may lessen the inflammation and pain of rheumatoid arthritis and cut the risk of getting amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease) by 60 percent.
ILACM employs the most effective natural and complementary treatment for multitude of chronic illnesses. ILACM always begins its medical treatment recommendation through non pharmacologic approaches with which the result is instant and complement it with natural remedy approaches to achieve optimum long term results.
ILACM has been operating in-clinic and home services in different parts of the country for the last six years.
Our innovation has a proven track record of benefitting numerous patients with natural and complementary medical approaches.
At ILACM, we value your health condition and hope to help you achieve optimum health results. That’s why if you are an ILACM client, all information and medical opinion are evaluated carefully by registered medical professionals, specialists and consultants. Your medical information is stored securely in our Patient Management System (PMS) which is another cutting-edge logistics innovation. This is available should you opt to require additional medical care.
ILACM offers one of the most advanced preventive and therapeutic forms of treatment for developing to advance stages of chronic illnesses. This is achieved through its cutting edge technology, the Intravenous Laser Therapy, Disolf, Inlacin, Anti Stress Gadgets, Holistic Beauty Laser Therapy, and many more above board preventive and therapeutic medical innovations.
ILACM does not encourage patient to stop his or her existing treatments.
ILACM advocates that patients continue using natural complementary technique with existing conventional approaches. The ultimate goal is for patients to slowly cut back on some of the traditional medicines in such a way that their condition significantly improves, employing only natural therapeutic methods with lifestyle change. Like all medical treatments and procedures, positive results may not always be achieved. However, ILACM does not guarantee therapeutic success since individual results may vary based on severity of the condition.
For any inquiries regarding this story, contact Integrated Laser and Complementary Medicine through our online consultation, email or phone. If you find our website useful, kindly share this post to any of your social media accounts. You can also follow us at Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts. To receive regular updates on Integrated Laser and Complementary Medicine, please subscribe to our newsletter here.
The FREE ONLINE HEALTH CHECK is to focus on ILACM’s patients and clients base. Most ILACM products and services require medical professional prescription. Since our patients’ health security is our utmost concern, most of these products employ natural health approaches known to be safe and have no known side effects. In spite of this assurance, we still take into account that everything we offer–therapeutic drugs or food supplement may have contraindications that could result to unfavorable outcome. We therefore want to make sure that we avoid or at least minimize this risk.
All statements, opinions and recommendation contained herein are meant solely for information and education. These should not be considered as substitute for appropriate medical diagnosis and healthcare. Just like all medical treatment procedures, results may differ significantly. Likewise, positive results may not be attained at all times. You can get in touch with our representatives so we can assess your specific condition.
The Free Online Health Check of ILACM is meant to determine if the patient will benefit from ILACM’s preventive and therapeutic approaches. IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM ANY SEVERE OR ACUTE CONDITIONS AND REQUIRE URGENT ATTENTION, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY. ILACM cannot guarantee immediate solutions that may compromise your existing condition and wellbeing.
ILACM adheres strictly to Republic Act No. 10175 The Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012 which specifically criminalizes computer crime including illegal access (hacking), data interference, device misuse, cyber-squatting, computer-related offenses such as computer fraud, content-related offenses including cybersex and spam, and other offenses.