A breakthrough non-invasive therapy uses low-intensity shock wave or light therapy to enhance sexual performance and to treat erectile dysfunction symptoms, according to researchers and clinicians.
The erectile dysfunction (ED) is defined as the inability to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many possible causes that go from urological to psychological issues. The shock wave therapy is a new treatment that uses regenerative medicine to create a healthy blood supply.
Erectile dysfunction is a highly common problem, affecting pretty much every man at one point or another. It has a profound effect on mood, feelings of self worth and quality of life, leading to anxiety and/or depression. Although traditionally linked to older men and health issues, ED is rapidly increasing in frequency and has become a common problem even in young men.
MAIN CAUSES OF ED
The causes of erectile dysfunction (ED) are numerous, with the most likely cause for an individual depending on their age. These can be broken into 2 main categories:
Also known as psychological impotence. This type of neurotic social performance anxiety usually stems from previous negative experiences, forming a vicious cycle of paranoid thoughts that cancel arousal. This is the main cause of dysfunction in younger men and for various reasons, it is rapidly increasing in frequency.
Various physical and hormonal issues, usually as a result of general aging, can lead to problems down there. This was traditionally the leading cause of erectile dysfunction, affecting older men or men with metabolic issues like diabetes. Drugs like viagra have been the go-to solution.
Whatever the cause, the end result involves a lack of blood flow into the penis, a lack of retention and thus an inability to start and maintain an erection. Conventional drug treatments (viagra, cialis, etc.) are the first line of defense offered by medical professionals, but are by no means a healthy long term solution, as they will upregulate nitric oxide’s effects (aka ‘NO’ – a potential metabolic inhibitor), stimulate unnatural blood vessel growth, harm unrelated organs such as eyes, and other bad things.
How can red light help with impotence? How does the efficacy and safety compare to drug based treatments?
Other possible Causes
Male sexual arousal involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. A problem withany of these systems can lead to impotence. Physical causes of impotence may include heart disease, hypertension, atherosclerosis, diabetes, obesity, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, some prescription medications, tobacco, alcoholism, enlarged prostate and surgeries that affect the spinal cord and the pelvic area.
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction may include stress, anxiety and depression.
At times, ED is caused by structural blockage and other organic issues but mostly a functional disorder and most people coming for laser treatment fall into this category. Others are caused by trauma, stress, emotional and psychological problems, drugs and reportedly for the Chinese, it’s very much due to excessive sex and masturbation.
SHOCK WAVE THERAPY
The shock wave therapy is a non-surgical erection treatment considered the best treatment for erection in Melbourne, Asia and Europe.
- Non-invasive, Painless
- Highly effective
- No side effects
Using energy from acoustic wave therapy, a mini trauma is created in the tissue, This process is called neovascularitazion, when it occurs into new blood vessels form. A bigger number the vessels guarantee, a better blood flow in the area. The patient with erectile dysfuntion presents a low blood flow which makes impossible to maintain the erection.
Two steps to administer the shock therapy
- A probe coated in a special gel is applied to the penis
- Different areas of the penis are targeted with the low-intensity shock waves.
Treatment sessions go from 15 to 20 minutes and it does not require anaesthesia. Although the treatment is pain-free, some patients might have a tingling feeling in the treated area.
The response to the treatment depends on the patient. Some cases respond better while other only do it partially. Multiple sessions will be needed to get better results. The shock wave therapy forms new blood vessels – a strong blood flow is fundamental for the erection.
Erectile dysfunction presents two stages or two types of patients.
On Stage 1, the subject can achieve the erection but not maintain it.
On Stage 2, the patient cannot achieve an erection at all.
Each case is different and this will determine how many sessions are necessary. In general, a course of 6-12 treatments, once or twice a week are recommended.
IMPROVING LIBIDO AND ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
- Lose weight by eliminating sugar and reducing refined carbohydrate consumption to near zero. Research shows that weight loss improves testosterone levels and improves ED.
- Consider intermittent fasting e.g. not eating or drinking energy containing food or beverages from 7pm to about 11am, allowing insulin levels to remain lower for longer, thus fostering weight loss, boosting testosterone levels and improving ED.
- Get moving. Short intense exercise has a positive effect on testosterone levels and a Harvard study showed that just 30 minutes of brisk walking every day was associated with a 41% reduction in ED.
- Ensure an adequate intake of Zinc in the diet. Supplementing with Zinc for just six weeks has been shown to significantly improve testosterone levels in men with low levels.
- Take a daily multivitamin and consider having a series of Vitamin B12 injections as a chronic deficiency of this vitamin may contribute to ED.
FOODS THAT INCREASE SEXUAL STAMINA
- WATERMELON – Watermelon is one of the richest natural sources of L-citrulline, an amino acid that can help make your erection harder. That’s because L-citrulline converts to L-arginine once it’s in the body. Like that little blue pill, L-arginine stimulates the production of nitric oxide, which increases blood flow to the penis, strengthening erections.
- CHILI PEPPERS – Your mind is telling you no, but your body’s telling you yes? Get your mentality on the same page as your body by adding some serrano peppers to a stir fry, jalapenos to guacamole, or cayenne pepper to your eggs. Each fruit contains a significant amount of capsaicin, the compound that makes tabasco sauce hot, releases chemicals that increase heart rate, mirrors signs of arousal, and revs up your libido. The bottom line? Munching on these spicy foods will get you in the mood for the evening’s festivities and increase your duration in the sack, too.
- APPLES – An apple a day doesn’t just keep the doctor away; it may also help to extend your sexual stamina. It’s all thanks to apples’ high levels of quercetin, an antioxidant flavonoid that has been found to play a role in improving endurance. And since your body goes through many of the same physical changes during sex as it does during exercise—elevated heart rate, increased metabolism, burned calories, and muscle contractions—you can equate endurance with extending your time in bed. Quercetin can also help prevent the release of cortisone, which causes muscle breakdown, meaning you’ll be able to go at it longer without experiencing premature fatigue.
- GINGER – If you like your food like you like your lovers—sweet and spicy—you’re in luck. Ginger is another food that can improve your sex life by aiding blood flow and improving artery health. According to a study, consuming a mere teaspoon of the stuff a few times a week is all you need to reap the heart-healthy benefits. So, go ahead and place that second order of sushi this week—just don’t leave the ginger on your plate.
- WILD SALMON – Trying to heat things up after your dinner date? Be sure to order the wild salmon. The fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which aid nitric oxide production, helping you stay hard. Plus, additional research has found that cutting back calories and sticking to a Mediterranean-style diet rich in produce, fish, whole grains, and healthy fats (like omega-3s) can improve erectile function in men with metabolic syndrome.
- BANANAS – Fitting, right? This sexual innuendo may be able to help you go go go! That’s because this tropical fruit is full of simple carbs to provide you with energy and potassium to help you keep going. The muscle-relaxing mineral prevents cramps and muscle spasms that may impede your sexy time.
- OATS – The popular breakfast cereal is a good source of l-arginine, an amino acid commonly used to treat erectile dysfunction. Plus, whole grains like oatmeal also help lower cholesterol levels. The arteries surrounding the genital area are narrower than coronary blood vessels, so they’re more susceptible to clots. Simply put: the better your cholesterol levels are, the better your erection will be, too.
- GARLIC – According to historians, ancient Egyptians used garlic to boost their stamina. Researchers have confirmed that consuming the plant helps stop the formation of new fatty deposits, called nano plaques, inside arterial walls. Yes, that includes the arteries leading to your penis, too. Keep your heart healthy and your erections strong by adding some garlic to your weekly dishes. But bear in mind that garlic won’t make your breath smell particularly seductive—so keep it out of your date-night diet.
- NUTS – To ensure you can last as long as your partner desires when the time comes, add some nuts to your diet. Pistachios, peanuts, and walnuts all contain the amino acid L-arginine, which is one of the building blocks of nitric oxide—a naturally occurring gas that helps guys maintain their erections. These nuts are also high in magnesium, which boosts energy and endurance. To top it all off, the healthy fats in nuts help reduce cholesterol levels. The less cholesterol you have in your system, the easier it is for blood to circulate throughout your body and down to your penis, which can help you maintain a firmer erection longer.
- QUINOA – Looking to make sex a marathon and not a sprint? Swapping out your dinner roll for a side of quinoa may do the trick if you’re looking to last—and last fast. Not only is quinoa one of the few plant-based sources of complete protein, but it’s also one of the top high-fiber foods. Because it takes your body a longer time to digest fiber, eating these nutrient-dense foods provides your body with more long-lasting energy levels so you can go the distance.
- TUNA FISH – For a quick energy boost, look no further than vitamin B12. The micronutrient is connected to optimal mental function and high energy because it helps maintain the health of your nerves, brain, and red blood cells. Typical vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms include a trio of ailments that spell out bad news for the bedroom: fatigue, low libido (including erectile dysfunction), and weakness. Luckily, one of the top five sources of the micronutrient is one you’re likely already eating: canned tuna.
- PROMEGRANATE JUICE – Some scholarly minds believe it wasn’t an apple, but a pomegranate with which Eve tempted Adam in the Garden of Eden—and it wouldn’t shock us if that were the case. A recent study discovered that pomegranate juice, rich in antioxidants that support blood flow, can help improve erectile dysfunction.
- BEETS – You know nitrates help will blood flow to your nether regions, but it also helps increase overall blood flow—which is also good for your mind. In a recent study, older participants were given a dose of beet juice, then hooked up to an MRI machine. The researchers discovered that the beet juice measurably improved blood flow to their brains. The secret power of these roots? Nitrates, which are found in beets and converted into nitrite in the body.
- SPINACH – The secret to its penis-enhancing power lies in its high arginine content. When this amino acid hits your system, it converts to nitric oxide, which helps initiate and maintain erections. Nitric oxide may also help speed muscle growth and recovery time. So not only will you perform better in bed, you’ll look hotter doing it, too.
- AVOCADO – Your anxiety about getting between-the-sheets could be elevating levels of stress—which plummet libido and could get in the way of a longer sex session. That’s not all. A lack of B-vitamins—nutrients that keep nerves and brain cells healthy—could also be exaggerating your stress even further. The solution? Feast on some guac. Not only are avocados rich in stress-relieving B vitamins, but they’re also a source of monosaturated fat, which has been shown to aid blood flow to the entire body—including the penis.
- ASPARAGUS – Ever heard the adage that running is 90 percent mental and only 10 percent physical? Well, the same can be said for sex. To make sure your brain is mentally in the game, cultivate a keen sense of focus by loading up on folate. This B vitamin helps maintain levels of oxygen in our blood and produces healthy cells. It’s known to aid in focus, energy, and alertness. Asparagus is one of the best sources of folate in our diets—just 6 spears provides you with a third of your recommended daily intake.
- GRASS-FED BEEF – Now you have another excuse to order the steak. When it comes to boosting—and maintaining—your libido, niacin (Vitamin B3) is especially helpful. A study found that men suffering from impotence who took a niacin supplement reported a significant improvement in their bedroom performance than men who took a placebo. Just 3 ounces of beef will serve up 30 percent of your daily recommended intake.
- CHIA SEEDS – This is for all you long distance relationship folks out there. If you’re looking to go all day, simply sprinkle these seeds into your yogurt or smoothies and you’ll feed yourself the energy you need to fuel your lustful day. Thanks to their prime ratio of protein, healthy fats, and fiber, chia seeds give you stable energy since they won’t cause spikes and drops in blood sugar or insulin levels, which would otherwise cause for a distracting rumbling tummy while your romping around in bed.
- PUMPKIN SEEDS – Pumpkin seeds are nutritional superstars and the killer wingman. You can thank their sources of zinc and magnesium: two essential minerals shown to boost testosterone levels, especially when combined. The magnesium, specifically, decreases inflammation in blood vessels, which then increases blood flow and, subsequently, arousal. The seeds are also a rich source of polyunsaturated fatty acids that have been shown to boost prostaglandins—hormone-like substances that play a key role in libido.
- DARK CHOCOLATE – Experts estimate that stress and performance anxiety account for up to 20 percent of all erection problems. Rather than letting you and your partner down because you’re down in the dumps, consider eating foods that can counteract stress—like dark chocolate. According to researchers, cacao increases levels of the mood-boosting hormone serotonin.
ILACM employs the most effective natural and complementary treatment for multitude of chronic illnesses. ILACM always begins its medical treatment recommendation through non pharmacologic approaches with which the result is instant and complement it with natural remedy approaches to achieve optimum long term results.
ILACM has been operating in-clinic and home services in different parts of the country for the last six years.
Our innovation has a proven track record of benefitting numerous patients with natural and complementary medical approaches.
At ILACM, we value your health condition and hope to help you achieve optimum health results. That’s why if you are an ILACM client, all information and medical opinion are evaluated carefully by registered medical professionals, specialists and consultants. Your medical information is stored securely in our Patient Management System (PMS) which is another cutting-edge logistics innovation. This is available should you opt to require additional medical care.
ILACM offers one of the most advanced preventive and therapeutic forms of treatment for developing to advance stages of chronic illnesses. This is achieved through its cutting edge technology, the Intravenous Laser Therapy, Disolf, Inlacin, Anti Stress Gadgets, Holistic Beauty Laser Therapy, and many more above board preventive and therapeutic medical innovations.
ILACM does not encourage patient to stop his or her existing treatments.
ILACM advocates that patients continue using natural complementary technique with existing conventional approaches. The ultimate goal is for patients to slowly cut back on some of the traditional medicines in such a way that their condition significantly improves, employing only natural therapeutic methods with lifestyle change. Like all medical treatments and procedures, positive results may not always be achieved. However, ILACM does not guarantee therapeutic success since individual results may vary based on severity of the condition.
For any inquiries regarding this story, contact Integrated Laser and Complementary Medicine through our online consultation, email or phone. If you find our website useful, kindly share this post to any of your social media accounts. You can also follow us at Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts. To receive regular updates on Integrated Laser and Complementary Medicine, please subscribe to our newsletter here.
The FREE ONLINE HEALTH CHECK is to focus on ILACM’s patients and clients base. Most ILACM products and services require medical professional prescription. Since our patients’ health security is our utmost concern, most of these products employ natural health approaches known to be safe and have no known side effects. In spite of this assurance, we still take into account that everything we offer–therapeutic drugs or food supplement may have contraindications that could result to unfavorable outcome. We therefore want to make sure that we avoid or at least minimize this risk.
All statements, opinions and recommendation contained herein are meant solely for information and education. These should not be considered as substitute for appropriate medical diagnosis and healthcare. Just like all medical treatment procedures, results may differ significantly. Likewise, positive results may not be attained at all times. You can get in touch with our representatives so we can assess your specific condition.
The Free Online Health Check of ILACM is meant to determine if the patient will benefit from ILACM’s preventive and therapeutic approaches. IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM ANY SEVERE OR ACUTE CONDITIONS AND REQUIRE URGENT ATTENTION, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY. ILACM cannot guarantee immediate solutions that may compromise your existing condition and wellbeing.
ILACM adheres strictly to Republic Act No. 10175 The Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012 which specifically criminalizes computer crime including illegal access (hacking), data interference, device misuse, cyber-squatting, computer-related offenses such as computer fraud, content-related offenses including cybersex and spam, and other offenses.